With 4 days left to the 2023 general elections, TRIBUNE ONLINE has highlighted the top 6 mistakes that will make a ballot paper to be rejected on election day.
Below are the six reasons your ballot paper will be rejected on election day:
1. If your choice as a voter is not clear. For instance, if your vote falls equally between boxes of two political parties, as represented below.
2. Your ballot paper will only be accepted if it is signed, stamped and dated by the presiding officer. Ensure your ballot is authenticated before casting your vote.
3. Another reason a ballot paper will be rejected on election day is when it is not thumb printed, otherwise known as a “blank ballot” or “unvoted ballot”.
4. When your ballot contains any writing or mark that identifies you as a voter. For example, when you have your name written on the ballot before, during, or after voting.
5. When you have a ballot paper containing the name of the candidate rather than his party logo or acronym.
6. If your ballot paper has more than one cast. For instance, when a voter casts his vote for Party A and Party B, respectively.
YOU SHOULD NOT MISS THESE HEADLINES FROM NIGERIAN TRIBUNE
G-5 not dead, sets for action ― Wike
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has explained that the G-5 governors of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) have withdrawn from talking regularly in public to embark on strategic actions in silence in order to achieve set goals…
Govs, ministers to attend APC presidential rally in Ibadan Thursday
Governors and ministers from the South-West of Ogun, Lagos, Ondo, and Ekiti, including the immediate past governor of Osun State, Alhaji Isiaka Oyetola, will grace the rescheduled presidential rally of the All Progressives Congress…
Implementation of Naira policy political ― Wike
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has faulted the implementation of the Naira swap policy by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) as shoddy and political…
Naira litigation: Fireworks as Supreme Court entertains FG’s objection today
The Supreme Court of Nigeria will today resume hearing in the suit brought by three states, against the federal government over the controversial currency swap policy of the Central Bank of Nigeria…
‘I dont know’, Guardiola offers update on Haaland’s availability for crunch Arsenal tie
Pep Guardiola is unsure if Erling Haaland will be available for Manchester City’s huge Premier League showdown with title rivals Arsenal…
EDITORIAL: The Ogun wife immolator
RECENTLY, the Ogun State police command confirmed the arrest of a 46-year-old man, Azeez Hassan, who set his wife, Olayinka Hassan, on fire for failing to cook for him. The suspect, who had been on the run since October 22, 2022…