Etuale Manusamoa Tuilagi, better known as Manu Tuilagi, is a Sale Sharks rugby union player. He has represented England and the British and Irish Lions on an international level. Tuilagi was born in Fogapoa, Samoa, and has five older brothers who have all played for Samoa.
|Full name||Etuale Manusamoa Tuilagi|
|profession||Rugby Union player|
|Height in feet||6 feet 1 inch|
|Weight in kg||110 kg|
|Date of birth||1991-05-18 00:00:00|
|age||31 (As of 2022)|
|His house||Fogapoa, Savai’i, Samoa|
|Brother||Anitelea Tuilagi, Alesana Tuilagi, Henry Tuilagi, Sanele Vavae Tuilagi, and Freddie Tuilagi|
|Children||Chantelle and Leilani|
|Net Worth||$100k- $1 million|
Manu Tuilagi Biography
Manu Tuilagi was born in Fogapoa, Samoa on May 18, 1991. He is the younger brother of Samoan internationals Freddie, Henry, Alesana, Anitelea, and Sanele Vavae Tuilagi, all of whom played for Leicester. Julie, his other sister, is fa’afafine. Manusamoa was called after the Samoan national team, Manu Samoa, since his brother Freddie was chosen for Samoa in the World Cup in 1991, the year Manu was born.
He came to the United Kingdom to join his siblings and started playing youth rugby with Rumney RFC in 2004 while living in Cardiff and seeing his brother Freddie play for the Cardiff Blues. He returned to Leicester at the age of 15, joining the Leicester Tigers academy. Tuilagi faced expulsion from the UK in June 2010 when it was discovered that he had entered the country on a tourist visa six years earlier and had remained illegally. He was subsequently given the indefinite right to stay after an appeal. Both he and his brother Alesana are devout Catholics.
Manu Tuilagi Height, Weight, Body measurement
He is 6 feet 1 inch tall. He weighs approximately 110 kg. He has lovely warm black eyes and Black locks. There is no information on his chest-waist-hip measurements, dress size, shoe size, biceps, and so on.
- Tuilagi made his Leicester debut against South Africa on November 6, 2009. He began the 2010-11 season with the main Tigers squad.
- He was nominated to the England Saxons for his past outstanding performance. Tuilagi was given a yellow card in 2011 for hitting former rugby league player Chris Ashton during a tour of the Premiership semi-final.
- He was injured in 2014 and won’t be able to play again until 2016. He returned for the 2017/18 season but injured his knee again.
- Tuilagi quit his favorite club, Leicester Tigers, due to a salary package reduction.
- Tuilagi signed a one-year deal with the Sale Sharks, which he extended for another two years on July 13, 2020.
- Tuilagi was picked to the England Saxons team against Italy A in 2011. He was a member of England’s team for the 2011 Rugby World Cup.
- Tuilagi was a member of England’s seven-man side that won the London Floodlit Sevens in 2010.
- Tulagi made his debut for England in a warm-up match against Wales on August 6, 2011. He scored, and the England team defeated Ireland.
- He performed well in the fall international final against New Zealand in 2012. Tuilagi was a member of the Lions senior squad on the 2013 Australia tour, where he played three games against the Queensland Reds, Western Force, and Melbourne Rebels.
- He was not a member of the national squad since 2014 due to disciplinary and injuries. However, he will return to the Six Nations Championship tour in 2016.
- Tuilagi was picked to England’s senior squad for the 2019 Six Nations tour, and his side finished second behind Grand Slam winners Wales.
Manu Tuilagi’s Net Worth
Manu Tuilagi is a 31-year-old Samoan rugby player with a net worth of $100,000 to $1 million. Manu Tuilagi’s primary source of income is his success as a rugby player. He was born in England, United Kingdom. Samoan-born English professional rugby union footballer who played for the Leicester Tigers and England’s national squad as a center and wing.
Manu Tuilagi Wife, Marriage, Children
Manu Tuilagi is married. He married his long-term lover, Chantelle Garrity. On Christmas Eve of 2017, the pair got engaged. They began dating on September 7, 2012.
They have two children together as of 2022. Chantelle gave birth to their first child. Leilani was born in April of 2018. On January 22, 2021, they welcomed their second child. He then posted a message on Instagram that said, “God’s greatest gift has been bestowed to us for the second time! Our adorable baby boy was born yesterday.”
Awards & Achievement
Manu Tuilagi earned various prestigious awards while playing for the England rugby team, including-
- In 2016, the winner of the 2020 Six Nations Championship was announced.
- Triple Crown Winner in 2016, 2020
- Winner of the Millennium Trophy in 2012, 2013, and 2020
- Runner-up in the 2019 Rugby World Cup
- Tuilagi joined the Sale Sharks in 2020 after previously playing for the Leicester Tigers.
- He is eligible to play for England since he relocated to the nation when he was 12 years old.
- Tuilagi earned his England debut against Wales in 2011. Since then, he has been in two Rugby World Cups, in 2011 and 2019, and was a member of the England squad that reached the RWC 2019 final.
- He was picked in the 2013 British & Irish Lions team and played one Test in the series triumph over Australia.
- Tuilagi has five elder brothers, four of which have represented Samoa internationally – Freddie, Henry, Alesana, and Anitele’a.